Fivpak Inc. operating as Familifood Club was formed in 1994 with a mission to bring the finest in meat and seafood, once only available to fine restaurants, directly to the public.
Familifood Club has a reputation as a premium marketer of portion-controlled steaks, meats, seafood and gourmet foods.
Familifood selects only the finest quality grass fed, grain finished beef. Strict quality control and continuous inspection govern the processing of meat products. This includes proper aging, expert hand cutting, precise portion control, protective wrapping and flash freezing to lock in freshness. These controls ensure the excellent quality Familifood offers.
Familifood Club products are sold directly to the public online and through independent distributors, and are delivered right to your door. Our distributors are motivated and enthusiastic individuals who take pride in keeping satisfied customers. At Familifood customer service is Their #1 priority.
Familifood Club distributors are located in Ontario, Quebec and Manitoba. They can be reached by calling us toll free at 1-877-714-3896.
All of our beef is federally inspected grass fed grain finished steer and is aged a MINIMUM of 21 days. There are no hormones or chemical additives to any of our beef. Our beef is flash frozen and freezer wrapped to insure freshness and protection against freezer burn.
Our beef items may be cooked either from frozen or they may be defrosted in the refrigerator prior to cooking. Do not defrost in the microwave, in warm water or at room temperature as the natural juices will drain from the meat.
Beef is meant to be served rare or medium rare so be careful not to over cook as the product will lose texture, flavor and tenderness.
Good News About Beef
Nutritional Facts You Should Know.
Almost daily, we hear advice on what we should or should not eat to stay healthy. The good news is that beef is beneficial to a varied, well-balanced diet. In fact, leading health authorities like the American Heart Association, American Cancer Society, American Dietetic Association and the U.S. Department of Agriculture advocate that lean meat can and should be part of a well-balanced diet.
Here are the Facts:
- 3 ounces of well-trimmed, cooked lean beef (from about 4 ounces of raw beef) contain 76 milligrams of cholesterol – the same as 3 ounces of roasted chicken with the skin removed.
- On average, a cooked 3 ounce serving of well trimmed beef contains 8.7 grams of total fat, of which less than half (3.4 grams) are saturated. The same amount of roasted chicken, skin off contains 6.3 grams total fat, of which 1.7 grams are saturated.
- 3 ounces of cooked, lean beef contains only 189 calories. Compare that to 3 ounces of roasted chicken, without skin, which contains 162 calories.
- Beef is naturally low in sodium, providing less than 60 milligrams per 3-ounce serving.
- Beef is one of the best sources of iron. When eaten with other iron-rich foods, the absorption of the iron from all foods in the meal increases.
- The protein in beef is nutritionally complete, containing all 22 of the essential amino acids in a well-balanced ratio. There are about 21 grams of protein in 3 ounces of all red meats, poultry or fish.
- Beef is a major source of zinc in the diet. Zinc is essential for growth metabolism and many other bodily functions. Beef is also a good source of vitamins B-12 and niacin.
Pork and Lamb Products:
All of these items are federally inspected products and are Ontario produced (pork) or imported from New Zealand (lamb). All items are flash frozen and freezer wrapped with the exception of the pork and lamb chops.
These items should be defrosted in the refrigerator prior to cooking and should be cooked to a point at which they are done medium well to well done as they are higher in fat and require further cooking.
Again all of our high quality gourmet line of chicken is produced in a federal plant and is all handmade and filled. There are no chemicals or preservatives added to our prepared items and they are M.S.G. free. The cooking instructions are present on the packaging and the products are flash frozen to ensure freshness.
Fish and Seafood:
All of these products are fisheries and Oceans approved whether they are domestic or imported. We carefully inspect all shipments to ensure proper freezing methods are used and have all suppliers individually quick freeze each item. This prevents freezer burn and locks in the freshness. It is fresher than fresh.
Care should be taken when cooking seafood as it requires far less cooking time than does meat. In general seafood is sufficiently cooked when it turns a milky white colour. EXAMPLE: Shrimp should be placed frozen in boiling water for three minutes, removed and rinsed under cold water for seasoning and to draw out the natural salt flavor from the product.