– 1/4 cup dry white wine
– 1/2 tsp. black soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
– grated zest of 1 orange
– 4 green onions, minced
– 4 halibut fillets
– Peanut oil for lubricating fish and greasing grill
– 2 medium cucumber, sliced horizontally, for garnish
– 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro for garnish
– 4 green onions, cut into 1-1/2 inch slivers, for garnish
– grated zest of 1 orange, for garnish
1. Make the sauce: Mix together wine, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Cover sauce and set aside.
2. Grill halibut: Mix together ginger, zest of 1 orange and green onions. Brush fish with oil and sprinkle with ginger mixture. Arrange halibut fillets on a prepared grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Turn fish over with a spatula and continue cooking 2-3 minutes depending on a thickness of fish, until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. Place halibut on platter and drizzle sauce over fish. Decoratively arrange cucumbers, cilantro, onions, and zest of 1 orange over fish. Serve hot or cold.
Yield 4 servings.
– 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, room temperature
– 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 1 cup salad oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– big pinch cayenne pepper
– finely grated zest of 1 lemon
– Oil for lubricating fish and greasing grill
– 4 halibut fillets, each 1 inch thick
1. Make mayonnaise: Pit egg and yolk in a container of food processor r blender along with lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon zest. Blend for a few seconds. With the machine on, add remaining oil as slowly as possible in a very thin (less than 1/8 in thick) but steady stream. When all oil has been added, mayonnaise will be thickened. Transfer to serving bowl.
2. Grill halibut fillets: Oil halibut fillets liberally on both sides. Place halibut fillets on an oiled grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flesh has turned white. watch carefully and do not overcook. Serve fillet with Lemon Mayonnaise.
Yield 4 servings.
1. Marinate halibut: Mix buttermilk and Tabasco sauce together . Pierce each halibut fillet in several places on both sides with the tines of a fork.
2. Lay a large plastic bag inside a bowl and open the top. Pour marinade into plastic bag, then add fillets. Close bag with twister seal and place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
3. Grill Halibut: At serving time, remove from marinade and place halibut on an oiled grill over ashen coals. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until halibut begins to flake when tested with a fork. Salt lightly and serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings.